The Greek Cypriot Cabinet approved on Tuesday a plan to create public sanitary spaces and recharge stations on South Cyprus motorways.
According to a written statement by Greek Cypriot Deputy Government Spokesperson, Niovi Parisinou, the creation of public sanitary spaces, recharge stations and other facilities on the sides of the motorway network will have multiple advantages.
The public toilets, recharge stations and other facilities that will be selected, will provide services on a 24-hour basis. Facilities will include sanitary facilities (men, women, and disabled), as well as infrastructure by way of a small café / kiosk and charging points for electric vehicles. Sanitary facilities will be offered free of charge.
The locations of the facilities in the first phase of the project will be at the following points:
1. Alhambra (section Alhambra – Nicosia)
2. Xylotympou (section Alhambra – Ayia Napa)
3. Kofinou (section Alhambra – Limassol)
4. Diocese (section Limassol – Paphos, direction from Paphos)
5. Mandria (section Limassol – Paphos, direction from Limassol).